Tuesday, September 22, 2015

How Do You Not Get It?

Beggars can't be choosers, but I haven't selected.
I had no option before birth to select my kindred -
The relatives of unrelation that I can't relate to;
The people I've been mandated to live with and through.
Starting with Zeus, the god of all gods,
Who could have been godly and still have his flaws.
But nah, superiority turns kindness into ashes -
Corrections of imperfections that lead us into madness
With sadness from the silver lining cloud he rests upon,
Pushing, complaining - making us feel like we were wrong.
Honestly, how could one bear infinite pride and power
To the point of agitated tears from non-linguistic cowards?
Who, by the way, do speak, but live in choice silence
Constantly biting so as not to displease their highness.
Yeah, every dark depressing cloud has a silver lining,
But how long will it block the sun that won't stop shining?

No comments:

Post a Comment