Tuesday, September 22, 2015

To You

What if I just murdered them?
If I became a serial killer,
Ripped out their lungs and just left them?
Would you hate me like they used to?
Would you cry and neglect me like they did to you?
I wouldn't mind if you dial the cops and report me.
I'd just fake a twitch and claim insanity.
After all, I'm sure you'd call me crazy to assail
As you'd frailly hold up your parents' entrails,
Clinging to the only bits of flesh left behind
When I. . .
Tried
To protect you like a hero.
But I guess you're done with prima donnas
And decided you want someone with less of an ego.

I guess that was pointless
Since
I'm one of them
And
I just wanted to be the one to come to your rescue
Even if it means sacrificing myself to smoothe over your virtues.

I know we
Made an oath
To be better than what we were three years ago.
But I can't just stand by and watch you choke,
Trying to wolf down your salty problems until you have a stroke,
So
I'm going with them so you can be alone
And live your life and grow the way you were meant to grow.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment